Pages

Monday, December 15, 2008

Baby it's cold outside!

Man, it is COLD!  The snow is still here and it's very frozen outside.  And still no sign of letting up.  I had to walk across the street today to get some dishwasher detergent and I don't think all the scarves in the world would have kept me warm.  My heart was even shivering and I was bundled up pretty good.  I guess with the wind chill they say it feels like 15 degrees!  Dang that's cold for around here.  

Anyways, my friend Amanda I ended up venturing out last night for the Sarah Bareilles concert at the Crystal Ballroom.  And let me tell you it was WELL worth it!!  She's got to be one of the best (if not THE best) female vocalist I've ever heard.  You can really tell a lot seeing someone live.  Here voice was so pure and amazing.  It's really indescribable!  She even sang Silent Night and the whole ballroom was silent and she sang it slowly and with so much soul.  I would love for her to come out with a Holiday album.  That would be amazing.  In case you haven't been to the Crystal Ballroom, it's a pretty cool place to watch a concert.  The ONLY downfall is that it's standing, but some concerts you want to stand anyway. Here are some pics. It's so beautiful inside, by day and night.

Photobucket

Photobucket
What it looks like with a packed house (This is not the Sarah Bareilles Concert)

Photobucket
This is a little better shot so you can see the stage.


The only weird thing, was last night they had this big area gated off around the stage. I've been to a few concerts there and had never seen this before. It must have been a VIP thing or something. BUT there weren't even that many people in there and it felt like a waste of space. Still I felt like we were pretty close. There were only a couple people in front of us before the gate. Did I mention the people that were in front of us were tall with big heads? Ha ha... Or at least thats what it seemed like. Thankfully I kept finding the spots in between heads so I could see the stage.

Oh, and getting there and home was an adventure in itself. We decided to take the MAX down there so we wouldn't have to worry about driving & parking. I'm glad we did, the streets were really slick last night. So we parked at the MAX station across from my house and hopped on the train. Getting there seamed pretty easy, we got off downtown and walked about 5 blocks to Henry's where we ate dinner. Dinner was delish, we splurged. And my 2 lemon drops were quite delightful as well.

On the way home was when the fun began... We hopped on going west, not knowing that the train we got on stopped at 170th/Elmonica which was ONE stop before the one we needed (go figure). So we had to get off and wait for the next one. The trains usually come pretty fast, but it might as well have been an eternity last night! It was SOOOO COLD and WINDY! There were about 15-20 people that had to get off when we did. All of us were trying to shield ourselves behind the ticket stands... but it still didn't help that much. Amanda and I were so freezing, we started huddling together and were laughing so hard... then we couldn't stop laughing and well, it just turned into hysteria! The people around us started laughing at us too. We sounded like giddy school girls. This one guy even offered us a sweater he had in his bag to wrap around us. How sweet is that? He had less layers on then we did!

Anyway, it made for a VERY fun night. The concert was amazing and the ride home was pretty fun, despite freezing our booties off.  Here are some pics of us.  I charged up my camera for last night and then totally forgot it on the counter when I grabbed the tickets....  Lovely.  So I had to take the pics with my phone which isn't great... But it's something.


Photobucket
Amanda and I waiting at the MAX station on our way to the concert.

Us patiently waiting for the first act.

Speaking of the first act, I almost forgot to mention how good they were!  I was really impressed.  They were called Raining Jane.  There were 4 girls and they were all filled with so much talent!  They sounded great live and the 3 girls who sang had amazing voices.  I also loved that they had different instruments.  One girl played the Cello in a few songs and the drummer was drumming on this metal box (I don't know the technical term) but the sound was awesome!  If you want a little listen... Click here.  Enjoy!  

No comments: