Pages

Wednesday, November 26, 2008

To much of a good thing...

I do love my pumpkin this time of year, but I'm almost pumpkined out and it's not even Thanksgiving yet!  Tonight I have made Pumpkin Creme Brulee, Pumpkin Bread/Muffins and Pumpkin Pie which is now in the oven.  Whew...... I'm exhausted, but thoroughly looking forward to tomorrows feast, cooked by yours truly...Muah! Like I mentioned in my previous post, I'm cooking thanksgiving dinner for my parents and boyfriend tomorrow and am very excited about it.  So I thought I better get a head start on things tonight.  So at least dessert is out of the way.  I decided last minute that I wanted to try and make Pumpkin Creme Brulee...  It turned out delicious!!  I love it.  If you're interested, here is the recipe. The pumpkin pie I think is just for the sake of having pumpkin pie (and my boyfriend could live on the stuff) and the pumpkin muffins are for my stuffing tomorrow!  Yummmm....

The pumpkin bread recipe that I have is pretty fabulous.  It's the best pumpkin bread and people love it.  For all you pumpkin lovers, here it is...

3 cups flour
2 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. salt
2 cups sugar
1/2 tsp. nutmeg
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 tsp. cloves
1/2 tsp. allspice

4 eggs
1/2 cup water
1 cup vegetable oil (or substitute applesauce for lower fat)
2 cups canned pumpkin puree
(optional) 1 cup pecans

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Combine flour, baking soda, salt, sugar and spices and mix.  In separate bowl, mix eggs, water, oil and pumpkin.  Add dry mixture and stir until smooth.  Add nuts.  Pour into two (greased) 9x5 bread pans.  Bake one hour or until done (toothpick will come out clean).  Be careful not to over bake and dry out.

Enjoy!!

No comments: